Lenny the Leprechaun was not going to make his debut this year. He had seriously considered visiting our house. But after a little more thought, decided St. Patty’s was kind of a non-holiday, and that maybe it was too much effort. And really, how many traditions does one family need anyway?
Well, when Kate came home from a birthday party on the Big Green Day, she was bummed! Her friend Jack had a leprechaun visit his house, and why on earth didn’t a leprechaun visit hers!? Alas, Lenny scrambled…The mom dug out some old rainbow yarn from her teaching supplies, and the dad dropped by the bank for some gold coins. Because Kate was with him, the dad had to write a note with his request and slyly slide it over to the teller (surely, there were some red flags going off in the teller’s mind). Dave assured me that he gave her a few winks and smiles, so the transaction went smoothly.
That night during bath time, Lenny visited. Dave came running in saying, “Kate, you’ve got to see this! There was a leprechaun in our house!” Kate SCREAMED she was so excited (which, by the way, made it all worth it). We quickly got the kids dressed in their jammies and then followed the rainbow that winded all through the house.
At the end…real life leprechaun coins! 5 for each kid!
Kate insisted Lenny be thanked with a note (she dictated, the mom wrote):I think he felt appreciated. And I’m sure he’ll be back.
Ok, I saw all these fun things to do for St Paddy's and thought the same thing..."then I have to live up to this EVERY year". Maybe next year :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought Kate only had her dad wrapped around her finger.
ReplyDeleteOh, wow...this is why we have no friends...no one for our kids to compare themselves to = less work (but also less fun apparently!) You two are such fun parents/people!
ReplyDeleteWay to save the day! I am going to have to get some coins like that for next year.
ReplyDelete