Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Captain Cole Turns 1!

006

Our baby boy had his first birthday! I think his favorite part of the day was hearing everyone sing “Happy Birthday” to him. It made him smile…and the parents too.

Because of space issues with two large families, we broke up the celebrations into two. Both were special:

At the first family party, we enjoyed Grandma Sherrie’s Sunday dinner, birthday cake, and presents. Afterwards, Dave blew up balloons for all the kids. Cole's 1st bday 078When it was time to leave, I found several of the kids jumping off furniture trying to fly with their balloons. I’m sure Grandma will appreciate hearing that.

At the second party, we broke out some pirate decor.Cole's 1st bday 039

Cole's 1st bday 040

Cole's 1st bday 089Cole's 1st bday 045

Cole's 1st bday 046Cole's 1st bday 044Cole's 1st bday 081

Cole's 1st bday 085

Cole's 1st bday 092Cole's 1st bday 096Cole's 1st bday 098

While everyone gave their undivided attention and laughter to Cole during his cake eating, he gave a, “Boo!” to all of his onlookers, followed by some giggling. He thought he was pretty funny and so did we.

Cole's 1st bday 117

Oh, Baby Cole. Where do we start? You’ve grown so fast in such a short time! You are ALWAYS happy, and everyone notices that. You love attention, especially from your daddy. Dogs, balls, watoo (water), and playing in Kate’s room are some of the things that you love most. You’ve stolen the hearts of your sister and parents. And you’ve made our world even brighter. Happy birthday, Biggest Boy!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to think I'm crazy, hormonal, and sleep deprived, but I'm a little emotional reading this post. I just love that big kid! And I can't believe how quickly this year has flown by!! That first picture is classic! Hope you're gearing up for Halloween. Actually, I know you are because after all, you are you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Pirate theme! And baby Cole as Jack Sparrow...edible! I also have to mention that you had an exceptional cake decorator as you can actually read, "Happy Birthday, Cole". Mckinley's was some 16 year old kid with palsy or something because it was awful! :)

    ReplyDelete