Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jackson

After Yellowstone, we partied it up Cowboy-style by spending an extra night Jackson Hole.

Yellowstone 231

We drove through Grand Teton and awed at the jagged, snow-capped mountains. Once in Jackson, we checked in at the Lexington Hotel, where we enjoyed another sweet, discounted deal that my dad came across. Not only that, but they had a swimming pool (which the kids very much enjoyed), as well as a full breakfast bar, and a separate room for Cole (which Dave, Kate, and I very much enjoyed when it came time for sleeping).

Yellowstone 232

We spent most of our time strolling Jackson’s Town Square; buying souvenirs, getting a bite, and of course, snapping awesome pictures like the following:

Yellowstone 241

Yellowstone 266

This is what Dave wanted as his souvenir (with Tail, of course). Alas, $34.95 IS a little steep for a single pair of underwear. He took one for the team and settled on a $6 Jackson Hole magnet instead. I think he should have gone for sexy undies, myself.

Here’s the whole clan again under the famed antler arches:Yellowstone 240

We also visited a very disappointing fish hatchery. But were we REALLY expecting anything amazing? Yes, yes I was. And I was sorely let down….

Yellowstone 253

…but the little sea otters that lived just outside were pretty darn cute and redeeming:Yellowstone 257

And, before leaving town, we got suckered into the tourist trap, Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum.:

Yellowstone 272

Yep, Dave and Cole’s faces just about sum up how interesting the museum was

Jackson Hole, Wyoming: lovely, in a touristy kind of way.

3 comments:

  1. Will have to get Lyle up on finding us hotels from now on ;) Looks like this was a great vaca! I haven't been to Yellowstone since I was 11...we need to go. and I LOVE the pic of Cole looking at the elk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also failed to mention the undies....maybe the Williamsons will splurge for the Blackhurst's gift this year! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun trip! You guys are always doing the funnest things! And btw you are looking goregous! What is your secret for losing all the baby weight? I am in need of it! :)

    ReplyDelete