Thursday, November 3, 2011

Grim Grinning Ghosts

Halloween is my true, favorite holiday. 002We carved pumpkins, Dave spooked up the ol’ place, and we drew in a record 183 trick or treaters.
This Halloween was a great one for Kate! She must have known her time was limited because she RAN from house to house, collecting her precious candy. Cole, on the other hand, was not so interested and didn’t last longer than two streets.
The whole family dressed up for the ward party:
Halloween 002Let me just say…I was not thrilled about going. Halloween is just not the day for a gal to look ugly (at least by Halloween City’s standards)…and mine and Dave’s reused costumes screamed, or at least strongly suggested, “Ugly.”
After all was said and done, I was glad we dressed up like dead, wedded people. We made for an ironically cute couple; although, certainly not as cute as Captain Jack Sparrow and Miss Rapunzel.
Halloween 010Grandma Sherrie also threw a Halloween Bash. She put lots of thought and time (and likely, $$) into the party, and we all had a great time because of it.
Kate says she misses Halloween. I don’t blame her.

1 comment:

  1. Oh you guys! I'd give you the "better off dead award" if I were there! I'm hoping that one day you can inspire me to love Halloween like a Blackhurst.

    ReplyDelete