
Oh, summer. How I hated thee! You were three whole months of constant yelling and screaming between two little children. And you know what? I miss you.
1st grade is VERY long; something I didn't anticipate. Sissy is gone all day, and I miss her! And you know who really, REALLY misses her? Brother. He waits all day for her to get home. And all day it's, "Can we go pick up, Kate, Mom?" over and over and over.
Finally, when Kate walks through the front door, Coley hugs and kisses his big sister. It's the best, except when Kate gets home AND THEN LEAVES to play at a friend's house. Such sadness! Poor little bear!
Coley and I have good days. We try to hit the town, and he likes going ANYWHERE in the car even if it's to the store. Most days are filled with errands, playing with cars, shooting cy-bugs, and dinoseum visits, but I do feel bad for the little guy. It’s been an adjustment not having a built-in play buddy around.
Plus, our long days sometimes lead to boredom and curiosity….like wondering what would happen if we shoved a bead way up high in our noses. This did, in fact, happen. Luckily, my first surgery ended well.

Just a little note to self: Enjoy your time with your little people. It doesn't last long!
Soon my little Buster, too, will be headed off to grade school. Hopefully we can keep him entertained until then;)

No comments:
Post a Comment