Well, it came as it always does. Without a minute to lose, Miss Kate tromped downstairs fully dressed to experience the first snow day of the year. I knew this was going to be a problem because 1) Cole would want to go out with her but 2) Cole does not wear coats, boots, hats, gloves, snow pants.
I sent Kate out and TRIED to get brother dressed. Ummm, we were unsuccessful. I thought maybe he and I would sit this one out, but when he kept peering out the window in misery I caved. We put shoes on over his footed jammies and out we went.
SNOW!!!
First tastes. As Cole would say, “Mmmm…dood.”
The fun could only last so long for Cole. After using his bare hands to pick up snow, they were red and frozen. Cole kept saying, “Done with this. Go home.” But when we tried to go inside, he was torn to leave the snow and kept turning around saying, “No!” It’s difficult reasoning with a two-year-old. So very difficult. Kate was a good sport and ended up shortening her adventure outside so Cole would come back in without so many tears. Yay for Winter!
That picture of Cole looking out from the door window is amazing. My new fav. So tragic.
ReplyDelete