Friday, April 6, 2012

Baby Chicks

How I got these two darling babies? I’ll never know. I love them both so much. Kate has recently entered my favorite phase of her life. She is ENTIRELY sweet and always concerned about the feelings of others. The other day she gave her last treat to Cole, and when I said, “Wow, Kate! That was so nice to give your last one to Cole!” She replied, “That’s what sisters do. They give their brothers whatever they need.” She also gives us what we need as parents, being super-affectionate and validating. She loves being snuggled before bed, and never fails to remind us that she loves us.052

085                   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

We’re going to shift gears here for a bit. Cole is currently a treat for the eyes, but not so much for my patience. He’s gotten a bit difficult in public settings, and has mastered the art of tantrums; full-on throwing himself to ground, angry FITS. Earlier this week, I got the awkward smiles and stares from other shoppers at the Deseret Book while Cole threw his bout. The other shoppers were nice enough to give their fake laugh, deep breath, turn your head and act like you barely even notice the explosion taking place at your feet. Frustrating. The kid does love dino’s, though, which is a major redeeming quality. He talks about them non-stop. And when we found the dino shirt he’s wearing in the pics, he HAD to wear it immediately, even had to wear it while being rung up. His jurassic obsession somehow softens my heart and makes it okay that we have to deal with the occasional spats.

068So the kids dyed Easter eggs; a tradition that never gets old. It’s fun to look back at previous years to see how the kids change from year to year.

074

064

Busy hands…I love these little finger shots:

072078

1 comment:

  1. Awww. That makes me happy I have a daughter. And not excited for the tantrum phase. :)

    ReplyDelete