Wednesday, October 8, 2014

General Conference

I tried something new with General Conference. Not an Ashley original idea; just one from Pinterest. I made activity bags with speakers’ faces on them. When it was each speaker’s turn, the kids got to open that bag.

There were activities like a temple lacing card, paint by number, Don’t Eat Pete, Make-it Bake-it’s, Bingo, etc…and most I printed right off of Pinterest. The kids had a BALL! They were bummed when each session got over and couldn’t wait for the next one to start. Kate even commented that she wished we’d do this every General Conference.

 ash iphone october 030

These two are excited for #LDSconf thanks to @ablackhurst prepping some activity bags with speakers' faces on them.

ash iphone october 033ash iphone october 034

Truth be told, I heard VERY LITTLE of Conference. Like VERY LITTLE. But I had to assume this was a better way to do it. Dave and I always relisten and reread the talks most mornings so I’ll get to hear the talks again. I just figured if I can make it more enjoyable and memborable for this kids, than it is all worth it. We’ll likely do this again.

1 comment: