Okay, so it was the last day of the cruise. The last day also meant the final show. on stage. in front of the whole cruise ship. I awoke with a slight ulcer in my stomach. We did our usual workout in the morning, had breakfast in the Lido, and then it was off for a 30 minute rehearsal. This was necessary because I learned the dance like 4 days earlier and remembered absolutely none of the dance at this point. We had a few minutes to practice with our partners and then a few minutes to run through it all on stage.
By the afternoon it was time for the real deal. I had my trusty family there cheering me on. I had my moment on the big screen, and the show began. AND just guess who was lucky enough to be first on? Yep, me. Death sentence right there. I was surprised because I was able to pull out the dusty, long-forgotten Cavette in me. I hammed up my performance with full-on facials, and even remembered (most of) the dance. In the end, I placed third. 2nd place went to the stinky Liz, and 1st to a nameless man (Travis?), though I was happy he won. The winnings were based on audience appeal, and that’s how it all went down. Nameless dude had a family of 35, Liz had a group of like 16, and I had a group of 12. Everyone else who didn’t place had smaller numbers.
The performance. You’re welcome.
My partner and me
Losing was no matter because the winner won a gold star paper weight. Lame. BUT…I will say, I was quite bummed to lose to that darn Liz! She was the worst! The rest of the competitors were all buddies, and offered, “Good luck’s,” and, “Good job’s!” But not Liz. She said nothing. Well, until she started feeling pressure to do so. And finally spit out a very underwhelming, “You did it…” to the very last competitor.
Anyway, I was happy it was over. I was also happy to have several old men stop me after the show to tell me I was robbed. I hugged each one of them and said, “Bless you!” It was just heart-warming. I’ve always dug old dudes.
And then it was time for a night a fun in Victoria!!! Brian, Andra, Sandra, Dave and I hired a taxi driver and drove to Butchart Gardens. We saved serious $$$ doing it on our own, instead of through the cruise line.
What a beautiful place! I’m so glad we got to go there!
The Sunken Garden
Awesomeness in the form of pics
After the gardens our driver took us on a scenic tour through the city. It looked like a fun place to visit with a lot of restaurants and such. We boarded the ship and hit the Lido for a late night supper to be greeted by the rest of the lame family who didn’t participate in the Butchart Gardens excursion. They all shared a big story about how they went to a coffee shop and saw Mike Myers, and how we just missed out! Big, fat lie. Turns out they didn’t even get off the ship.
So, yeah, fun day. Good way to spend our day of the cruise. Sad it was over!
This last pic was taken earlier on the cruise when Dave and I got dressed up in our cruise wear. Previous to the trip, I had searched high and low for some 1980’s bridesmaid and best man wear (for formal night). You’d be surprised by how impossible it is to find such a thing anymore! Everything at DI and Savers was either quite contemporary, or did not fit. Lots of size 20 dresses that would have done the trick, but nothing smaller. So in short, we ended up with these Tommy Bahamas pant suits. I think we looked the part.
No comments:
Post a Comment