Kate participated in a little art camp this summer and her teacher encouraged the kids to enter the upcoming art show. Like any obedient student, we followed her request. Kate entered two pieces: her rose window from class, as well as a salt dough creation she made at home. Coley, too, entered; but just one piece. He called his salt dough art, “Strawberry Donut and Apple Donut and Chocolate Donut.” A perfect title.

In the end, Sissy’s sculpture earned a Third Place ribbon and a whopping $4 cash prize, while Cole’s sculpture earned an Honorable Mention ribbon. I will say that Cole was robbed because the pieces that won were CLEARLY not (solely) created by preschoolers/kindergarteners, unlike HIS piece. I mean what 4 year-old can saw styrofoam into the shape of a robot? Yeah, right. Now we know the tricks for winning next year’s show;)
I tried to snap a pic of the kids with their winnings, starting with Cole. This is what we got:
GRUMPY FACE!!!!!
I guess we were done with pics. So proud of BOTH my babies anyway!
That pic is awesome. Sculptures of donuts will always win a gold medal with me.
ReplyDelete