This was an Easter! It all started fine and dandy. The kids loved their Easter presents. Kate was beside herself to finally get her Wonderloom. Coley loved adding to his Lego collection.
And then there were the sugary, molded Easter eggs. They were ALWAYS in my basket as a kid, but I never once ate them in all my years. My kids, however, went right at it! Cole quickly ate the ears off of the bunny inside saying, “I gotcha whitto (little) ears inside of me!” and then responding to himself in a sad voice, “I am the the Easter Bunny…but not anymore!” He cracks me up!
We had breakfast at Grandma Sandra’s, followed by an egg hunt. Cole talked Uncle Brian into giving him a dollar bill since none of his eggs had money inside;)
For Easter dinner, we went to Grandma Sherrie’s. Waiting for the egg hunt, Cole was walking along the outside of the trampoline net on the mats, and Big Sissy was on the inside of the net. Cole fell off and started screaming. He wouldn’t stop crying, even when it was time to start the egg hunt. Plus, his arm got really swollen really quickly. We decided to have the Dad run Cole to Instacare, while I stayed with Kate for the hunt.
During the hunt Kate was teary-eyed and confessed that she may have accidently knocked Cole off. I reassured her that it wasn’t her fault and that we knew she didn’t mean to push him off.
Meanwhile, Dave and Cole get sent to the ER. It was indeed broken; right at the elbow. Poor little guy!
He was good sport and charmed all of the nurses while he was there. Also, the truth came out. When retelling the story, Cole said, “I said, ‘Kate stop pushing me!’ But she wouldn’t stop and she pushed me off the trampoline!” No wonder Sissy was feeling so badly!
Anyway, this is one event Big Sister is never going to hear the end of!!! EVERY TIME someone asks him how he broke his arm it’s: “My sister pushed me off the trampoline.” She hates it. Lesson learned (I hope).
Poor Cole!!! That's pretty funny he's telling everyone how Kate pushed him off! Love it.
ReplyDeletePoor Cole! I wonder how many trampoline accidents can be blamed on a sibling if truth be known???
ReplyDelete