Cole enjoyed chasing around with the boy cousins in his new super hero cape and mask, while Sissy blissfully tip-toed around in her “Frozen” dress (truth be told it is actually a Glinda dress from Oz the Great and Powerful, but why should it matter?)
Both parties held a talent show. My parents’ show was kind of impromptu so both kids sang together. Here’s a delicious sampling of the two kids singing:
At Dave’s parents’ show, Dave and I actually prepared a talent this year: A Magic Show. We had the “The Final Countdown” music all queued up and building excitement. It was going to be monumental. Then came the acts. Dave’s magic tree act went as planned. Mine? The floating ketchup bottle? Not so much. Totally worked at home, but for some reason wouldn’t work on stage. Boo! E for Effort, I suppose.
The kids did marvelously, however. Sissy sang “All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth” and Coley sang “The Chipmunk Christmas” all by his lonesome.
One last visit from Santa…
***
OH, and while we're talking Christmas parties, I should probably mention Dave's work party. It was at the Lion House. Okay food and atmosphere, but they were stingy with the rolls! Seriously.
There are always many prizes to be won. I almost didn't win anything that night, but then..."The winner of our very last prize tonight goes to ASHLEY BLACKHURST!" The grand prize. Nice!
Sold it for $350, which made for an even better Christmas!

That singing was darling. I so wish I could have been there for the magic mishap.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I went to a party at the lion house a couple years ago and remember thinking the same thing about the rolls! Gotta leave you wanting more, I guess? ...
ReplyDeleteThat tv looks big! Only worth $350? I mean, that's still awesome but it looks bigger than that.