It was perfect weather on Thanksgiving; WARM...just the way I like it! I wanted to get a head start on burning the many calories I would consume that day so I got Sissy on board for a "jog." If you know my Kate, you'll also know that exercise is not really her thing. I thought if she "scooted" along we could all keep a fairly good pace. Hmm...it was a good thought. There was lots of walking...slow, so very slow, walking.
But it was time well spent with the two of us, reminding me of how thankful I am for her. And I was proud of her efforts too. It was almost 2 miles after all!
AS FOR THE FEAST...it was Sherrie's year to host Thanksgiving. Dave and I like to take the place settings upon ourselves...you know, cause we're super helpful like that;) We've done it now the past couple years. It beats dish duty...not that any of us ever do dishes besides my mom. Sad face.
This year Dave found the idea and supplies, and then I made them. Team work! They were pretty simple and fast to make, which is very much my style.
The fam preparing to eat! (photo courtesy of Kelly, btw)

Dave scored the Incredible Cheese Machine from circa 1912. It was the most coveted of all white elephant gifts, for sure! It was old and rusted and, likely, fatal if used. We all had a good "belly laugh" over it. The best was when Lyle inspected the antique carefully and then replied, "I don't know what you're complaining about, Dave. It's all here."
This was the first white elephant gift exchange in which no one was really stealing the gifts. All gifts were pure junk and it was just better to push your luck and open a new gift than to steal!
Later that night, we got to see my Aunt Kari and her kids who live in Idaho, and whom I rarely see. We had some good laughs with them.
Last, to top off the evening, we saw Frozen with Grandma & Grandpa and Uncle Mike. A cute little show that made for a great day in all!
.jpg)
.jpg)
All of our bellies are hurting again after reading your post. Best Thanksgiving ever!
ReplyDelete