Disneyland Paris…because what would a vacation be without a visit to Disneyland?
This was our last day in Paris. Sigh. We had seen and enjoyed every museum and then some, but it was nice to have a different kind of activity for the last day. Plus, I kinda love seeing the effect Disneyland has on the Hubs. He’s all smiles at that place.Here are a few notables from the day:
This is us standing in front of the entrance to the park. The Disneyland Hotel is built right over entry, and the lines to get in were much shorter than at home:
Lucky us, we got to visit during their 20th Anniversary Celebration.The park was not overly decked out, but it was cool to be there during their anniversary, I suppose:
The castle has a dragon’s lair underneath it:
Space Mountain Mission 2, Dave’s favorite, is substantially more sickening than Space Mountain. Those Euro’s make some crazy rollercoaster rides:
The Phantom Manor, my favorite, was substantially more gory than the Haunted Mansion and it’s theming was fun; lots of skeletons with mangled flesh. I dug it:
The Storybook Canals. Instead of a whale, you entered through the Cave of Wonders. We were then treated to stories like the Wizard of Oz, Beauty and the Beast, and Pierre and the Wolf (not Peter).
I did gather, however, that the French don’t have the same standards of upkeep. There were a whole lot of dandelions on the ride, and kind of a funny patch job (see below):
Small World was fun to see. Its décor was all consistent, unlike ours,
and it was fun seeing the representation for the US of A:
(Above) African-American cowboys, hmmm, that’s creative…
(Below) Athletes and Hollywood
Lunch was kind of unique. Mark and I both had the Croque Monsieur, while Dave and Tisha both got some sort of cheesy flatbread. Mmm…cheese:
Oh, and I almost forgot about our 2nd celebrity sighting of the trip! M.J., himself, back from the dead! Very cool; he had his hat, his white socks, his old nose (as Dave said) and a super sparkly "M" bedazzled on his belt:
The forecast for today was supposed to be the hottest of all our travel days. Of course it rained, something we hadn’t planned on. We got good and soaked during the first few hours, finally broke down and bought $20 ponchos, and then minutes later the rain stopped for the rest of the day. Lovely. **I will say, however, I am so GRATEFUL we had such good weather for the whole trip. It actually was supposed to rain almost everyday we were there, and never did even once. So lucky!
We ate dinner at Walt’s. This restaurant was designed as a tribute to Walt Disney, since most Europeans aren’t as acquainted with his life. The restaurant's lobby features many items referring to Walt and his achievements. And then upstairs, which is where you dine, is designed as a Club 33. So, YAY!, we can say that we know what it’s like to eat at Club 33 now…sort of…
And the castle in all its majesty. I like how the sunset matches the castle perfectly. We got to watch one heck of a firework show that had all sorts of special effects and things projected onto the castle. It was neat; my favorite show I’ve seen Disney do:
***And that, my friends, concludes our Parisian Vacation. The flight home the next morning went smoothly...Dave and I each got our own row of seats to lounge as we pleased. And once home, the kids were "semi" excited to see their parents, but very excited to play with their souvies.
Overall, the trip was a dream! We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful, interesting, and exciting destination. All of our i’s were dotted and t’s were crossed, so the whole trip was flawless! I was especially impressed by Mr. Blackhurst and his navigational abilities. And the company couldn't have been better. Our Williamson friends are the coolest and make life a party. So sad it’s over, but so glad we got to do it! Until next time, Paris, au revoir!

You Disneyland people. I'll never understand it. I dread the day when Cora wants to go. Case in point: $20 ponchos.
ReplyDeleteGlad you loved it though. What a fantastic trip!!