Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

memorial day

I kind of like Memorial Day. Dave buys flowers every year, and makes it a point to take the kids to see all of our deceased loved ones. It takes just a little over an hour running to 4 different cemeteries, and is something we’ve done since Kate was born. At each gravestone we get to share memories about these people, answer Kate’s questions, and yell at Cole to not touch the bird poop;) It just makes for a nice way to remember our ancestry. And it’s not just the old lady in me saying that I think the kids like it as much as we do; though I recognize they’ll probably drag their feet in years to come.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool tradition. I need to start something meaningful like that. Do you visit your grandparents' graves? Or it is more extended deceased relatives?

    ReplyDelete