Saturday, June 2, 2012

gaLoon 2012

We took our annual Memorial Day trip to Lagoon with dinner afterwards at Buca. I am surprised every year at how much I enjoy this tradition. I don’t ride a whole lot of rides, but nothing thrills me more than watching my babies whirl and twirl in delight. I know I sound like the ultimate Mom in saying so, but it’s true.
Lagoon 006
Here, Cole rides the boats:Lagoon 080 He got a little bell-ringing and steering action in, which is commendable. But how industrious he was too! Yes, ours was the kid who was dipping his fingers to the side of the boat (into the green water), and then bringing his fingers up to his mouth for a little tasty drink. Oh, heavens.
Lagoon 030Lagoon 027
Cole loves him some Grandpa. Anytime he sees a grandpa (not necessarily his own) he squirms, squeals, gets overly-excited, and shouts, “Pa!” repeatedly. On this day, however, Uncle Rob became an instant buddy when he helped Cole win a turtle:
Lagoon 140
Everyone kind of liked the turtle… Lagoon 122Lagoon 124
Lagoon 125


























Cole did not adhere to height requirements. He made it on all the big kid rides he desired (or his parents desired), including Rattlesnake Rapids seen below. Lucky for Dave and him, THEY were the lucky ones who went right underneath the waterfall…
Lagoon 155
…all Cole had to say was, “WET!”
Lagoon 156
Kate and Cammie enjoyed each other’s company as usual….plus, throw in some Dippin’ Dots, and nothing tops that for the day.
Lagoon 165
Thank you, Blackhurst family, for another memorial Memorial Day.

4 comments:

  1. we need to go together! I haven't been to Galoon in sooo long! And, you look super fab in the family pic btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Aish! Looking super fab! Did we go to Lagoon together as kids? I'm having a vague flashback to Colossus (sp?) and Lyle! I love traditions on holiday weekends; it means you don't have to think of something else fun to do. And btw, we're coming to town July 18 through the 29th. I get hives when I think about flying both ways alone with my 3 kids, but I've got to leave this humidity!! (and see my peeps, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ARE the ultimate mom! Great pics all around--but how could they not be great. Look at the cute people you are photographing. :) It looks like you had a wonderful time in Disneyworld.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lagoon makes my germophobe hackles rise. I feel like I need to wash my hands right now. How am I ever going to let my kid near an amusement park???

    ReplyDelete