‘Twas the night before Christmas,
And at Grandma’s house,
One baby boy was stirring,
His name was Cole.
Nor sheep costume he’d wear,
But the little Baby Jesus
He held with care.
An angel was there, too.
It’s the only role she desires,
Except, of course, if “Mary”
The grandkids dressed up,
Reverent hymns were sung,
A little nakey boy,
Wandered in on the fun (anything to keep him happy).
Talents were born,
The Blackhursts sure jingled
And singing, “Picture A Christmas,”
Miss Kate made us tingle.
Gifts were opened,
Smiles were had,
Dinner was scrumptious,
Cousins make us mad…
Jammies on? Check.
Santa’s on his way,
Packing up and heading home,
Tomorrow’s Christmas Day!
So grateful for our blessings
So apparent at Christmas season,
Why we have all that we do,
Our Savior is the reason.
I'm so impressed you wrote a poem for your blog. Who does that? :) And I'm in love with Cole. And I'm still not used to you as a brunette ... Merry Christmas!
ReplyDelete