Tuesday, September 27, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons…

Yesterday Kate and her cousin opened a booming lemonade stand for the second time now. It’s mostly darling. Of course, these two girls WANT to be out there alone, but since they aren’t capable of making change, or even pouring a pitcher, the mom has to sit back, far, far away, appearing only when customers arrive.

lemonade stand 001

A few observations I made during my “alone” time:

1. I love how the vendors, themselves, need to continually drink lemonade as they sell (got to sample your product, right?).

2. I love watching these girls jump up and down in excitement each time a car pulls up. Seriously, so dang cute. That image is just all-kid; I love it!

3. I love how Kate will fearlessly yell to each passerby asking if they want lemonade (even if they are out of hearing range). Even more so, I love how she yelled to a zooming car of teenage boys with windows rolled down, music blaring, and heads banging. Afterwards, saying, “Boys are for losers. And those boys are losers!”

4. And last, I love that Kate would sit outside selling all day long if I’d let her. “I never want to stop, Mom,” she’s said both times now. She’s got a strong work ethic for being such a little spud!

No comments:

Post a Comment