Monday, March 24, 2014

St. Patty’s

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: we don’t have the most creative leprechauns or elf on the shelf at our house. But we have them. And the kids appreciate what little they do for us. So the holiday helpers continue to visit. And all is well.

That said, it was St Patrick’s Day and Lenny returned. The past 2 years, Lenny has left a rainbow yarn maze leading to gold coins. He mixed it up this year and left green balloons on the floor of each of the kids’ rooms while they were sleeping, along with a simple card and gold coins.

017c6221c38c84281eee63d19ff86a3748eb13decc017cdb6de1bb1278b67ea5a1b4d8e10379ca894f7a

Morning came, and the littles were thrilled. In fact, Cole could not part to preschool without his 5 golden coins. I took them out of his hands right before, explained that they needed to stay safe at our house, but somehow he managed to sneak them to preschool anyway. And…wouldn’t take them out of his hands during all of preschool, according to Miss Annette. I bet that was fun for her;)

Later that night, I rolled out some Pinterest gems. I printed off these little treats for my favorite people:

01f16961d753cbf834a91ec6dd97d1a711c3ae1b74

01a86e356d8f2023c5191e80b349ea1b6127476284012413bc69d5c923aad7230236c6e3e4a944e9e925

Kate was very touched by these gifts and made her own prizes for each family member (using the gold coins our leprechaun left her). She’s a pretty thoughtful little lady. I’m thinking someday she’ll make for a much better leprechaun than her own momma:

019f970972aea35ac2949961fe2878ffe0946be8c0

To finish the day, we laid out a green table cloth and green dishes, and had ourselves a green dinner: pesto cream pasta, spinach salad, green grapes, and St. Patrick’s donuts for dessert. This was our first time doing a green-themed dinner and it was a lot of fun. I’m thinking it will be a new tradition. It turned out to be a pretty decent holiday and reminded me that doing just a couple of little things on holidays makes a big difference for these little people of ours. I hope they’ll always have fun memories when it comes to the holidays.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are such good parents! What fun traditions. That little card Kate wrote is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete