Coley and I started off our morning at Sissy’s school parade. I meant to have Coley dress up, but we ran out of time in the morning and went as is. Big Mistake. Brother was not happy. And he made me pay for it the whole time we there;)
It made all the battling with Junior worthwhile once we got to see Big Sissy! Cutest darn Lalaloopsy and kid I’ve ever seen!
Kate got to carry on her parade over at the Charleston Assisted Living Center. It’s right next door to her school so it’s a convenient and fun show for both the seniors and the school kids. Dave’s parents actually have callings there as the Branch President/Relief Society President. So Grandma and Grandpa got to see her too! If you ask Sissy, The Charleston was her favorite part of the school day!
After the show, Coley and I stopped by his all-time favorite Halloween House (I figured we better get one last look before it goes down). This whole month he has requested drive by’s so he could see HIS dinosaur. His “favorite purple dinosaur that’s happy.”
We got out of the car and walked around (like the sign invites you to do). He could have done it 100 more times, but once was good for me;)
Later that afternoon, Coley and I returned to Kate’s class for her Halloween party. This time Cole was dressed in his costume. Coincidentally, so was I. Cole would not let me leave the house without putting mine on too. Dead serious.
Right when we got there, Cole squeezed his big sister saying, “Kate! Kate! I missed you!”--nearly in tears, mind you. He can be such the sensitive little boy, especially when it comes to Kate.
I got to run a bean bag toss game which was easy and fun. But more fun than anything was having Cole rotate through the stations with the rest of the big kids. This is the first time he’s ever been big enough to actually participate. Needless to say, he was sad to leave Kate’s school:
And then came trick-or-treating time!
Dave and I always take turns going out with the kids and passing out candy. I went out first while Dave stayed at home. Sissy zoomed around on her scooter, while Coley and I kept up with the stroller (I’m guessing next year he’ll need to scoot too).
Dave and I always take turns going out with the kids and passing out candy. I went out first while Dave stayed at home. Sissy zoomed around on her scooter, while Coley and I kept up with the stroller (I’m guessing next year he’ll need to scoot too).
When it came my turn to pass out treats, I discovered there were no resting moments. I had to stand at the door, constantly opening and closing. Alas, I threw on a zombie mask and sat on the porch to pass treats. I kind of can’t believe I didn’t do this before! It was so fun! I got to sit back and observe all the little people running around the neighborhood, but best of all, I got to make them nervous when they came to our porch;) I was silent and did hand motions and most kids got quite the kick out of it. And when the little ones were scared I’d take off the mask and put on my happy/smiley/feel good face. It was really a blast.
When Dave and the kids returned from trick-or-treating for the night, Kate was surprised to see me! She was laughing saying, “Mom?! What are you doing!!!??”
Cole, on the other hand, began nervously crying, “Mom? Your eyes! What happened?!”
I took the mask off to reassure him that I was still normal-looking, and then he laughed about it too. From that point on, Kate took over my job, while Cole assisted at her side (or rather, filled his cheeks with treats). It was pretty cute!
Spooky with the Dave’s fog machine and lighting effects, huh?
And now drumroll, please! Are you ready for this year’s total of Trick-or-Treaters?
It’s a record breaking year, folks…
236!
Not bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment