Little Josh left to the MTC. His setting apart was a neat night where everyone shared why they thought he’d make a great missionary, which means there were lots of tears. The actual “setting apart” was rather long, probably a 20 minute prayer. I kept asking myself throughout, “Is it over yet? Should I be opening my eyes?” You know the feeling…
The next morning was the 24th. We got together with all the Blackhursts for bfast at Jim’s. It was yucky. Don’t go there. I’m serious. But we were glad we got to see him off. I just think he’s a doll and would totally claim as my own.
Later that day we met up with the Blackhursts again. We all brought potlucks, ordered pizzas, and visiting while the kids swam. I’ll say it…I love Blackhurst get-togethers. The reasons are many, but the first and foremost reason: I don’t have to watch my kids AT ALL. They are instantly swept up by older cousins and entertained until it’s time to leave. And that, well, is a bit of heaven at times. Also heaven, the caramel Melba corn, I almost single-handedly polished off that night. Doesn’t get better.
I’d say it was a pretty fantastic Pioneer Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment