Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One Small Voice

Why is it that nothing important goes on until a trip is planned? Dave and I are heading out of town, and coincidentally, Kate's class is having an end of the year program for the parents while we are gone. Lovely. It probably wouldn't have been such a big deal, except that our Wannabe Pop-Star kind of has a starring role in the program. Kate sings a little solo, leading the rest of her class into a song. See? Kind of a big deal. Luckily, I was able to go to a rehearsal, and the grandparents can go to the actual program. So it will all work out; at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Anyway, while watching today, my Proud Parent Cup runneth over! I just love being a mom and feeling my heart swell over the things my kids do. I am so proud of my talented little girl! She has such a great voice; something you definitely realize when the rest of the darling kindergarteners chime in;)

5 comments:

  1. I think Kate was the only one carrying a tune! What a little diva! We too are missing Mc's dance competition, which G & Chris have the pleasure of taking her & Kingston to. Won't that be fun!? :) But, alas, Paree awaits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great little singer! My boys have waited their entire lives to be student of the month at their school and my 3rd grader finally got the chance... when we were gone to Ireland! I was so bummed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a darling voice, but I had to turn down the volume when the rest of the class came in :) That is so great that she'll do that. Sam won't even get up in church when the Primary sings. And I'm the Primary Music Leader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she really did sound amazing! It was a little jarring when the rest of the crew chimed in. Yikes! I'll take Kate's one small voice, and they can all be quiet. ;)

    ReplyDelete