Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

St. Patrick’s rolled in again. So did our lazy leprechaun. I’ve discovered he isn’t as creative as most other green men out there. Seriously, have you seen the stuff other people’s leprechauns do? Totally makes our leprechaun seem lame.  He’s done the same trick two years in a row…but I guess we’ll count it a blessing that he visits;)

This year Kate made a trap. She made a big, beautiful rainbow because she’s “the best at drawing rainbows” and then glued it to a shoe box.—side note: I have to agree. Her rainbow was the best I’ve seen. Come morning, we saw that her rainbow trap had enticed little Lenny, but sadly it didn’t catch him. And he even stole the handmade rainbow…

039  051

The rainbow yarn trail (again). Yeah, they look pretty jazzed about this…

055

045

And the gold at the end of the rainbow trail; the most important part! This, they liked (again).

042  061

 

Thank you, Lenny, for sharing your gold! See you and your old tricks next year!

3 comments:

  1. That's hilarious. Leprechauns haven't found our house yet, thank heaven. Seems like a lot of work to prepare for and clean up after their special visits. And I HAVE seen that some leprechauns leave very involved footprint trails with green stardust, etc. Whew. I hope our leprechaun doesn't set that precedent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I saw all those Pinterest and Facebook posts with all things St Pats...makes me feel even worse about not doing it :) You guys are the best parents! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have a leprechaun! Best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete