Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Be Mine

Another Lover’s Day came and went (along with mine and Dave’s 11th anniversary). Our anniversary was actually spectacular this year…super unusual, but one of my personal faves. We went to a cooking class at Taste Culinary Boutique at Gardener Village, and the food was DELISH being an assortment of European dishes! The only problem was we only got “tastes” of each of the courses. I mean…SERIOUSLY??? By the time the class was over, we were both starved! We headed Salt Lake way, and ended up at Bruges for the Torpedo waffle and fries; love the chocolate placed just so inside the sugary waffle, garnished with strawberries and crème fresh. Mmmm!!!  After, we hit up Trader Joe’s so we could buy all of the ingredients to make our new, exciting recipes from our class (and we also stocked up on their awesome macaroni and cheese). And then by this point, we decided we couldn’t end the night without a little gelato from Dolcetti. That place is awesome. Every flavor is wonderful…we should know since we sampled almost all of them. I know what you're thinking: What is wrong with these people?!!! Why do they eat so much?!! I don’t know. It’s an illness really. It was A LOT of food, but you know what, it made for a magical night! So fun!!

So Valentine’s Day happened something like this…

We forewent (is that a word?) individual gifts this year since we’ve got a few upcoming adventures in the works that we’re trying to save for. But I still got a darling bouquet from the husband. The leaves were shaped into hearts, and the roses had little diamonds at their centers. Such a cute, unique bouquet!
valentines 019
Dave is King of Romance I think. He comes up with (I’ll say it) the sexiest;) of ideas for Valentine’s Day dinners with the kids. Last year was Carrabba’s take out, which we all love. And this year? Cheese and chocolate fondue. It was so perfect! He had all the fixings, but of course, the kids loved the marshmallows, popcorn, and chocolate the most; pretty sure they were in Wonderland eating that for dinner. But anyway, he’s the one that always puts it together, and it’s always a flawless, fun dinner.
 
valentines 024
valentines 029        valentines 031
After dinner, it was time for me to put on my show…the annual Heart Hunt. This year was neat because Kate could READ all of the clues without help. She would read each clue, and then quickly run off to find the heart. We kept having to make her wait for little brother. As you can see, he had a few fits throughout the scavenger hunt:
valentines 047
It’s hard being the little one
 
The hunt ended in Kate’s closet. Sissy threw her arms up in the air when beholding her prize, a Cuddle-Uppet. And Cole beamed at the sight of his new race track!
valentines 049
valentines 022
 
What a consummate Valennersary!

3 comments:

  1. We know all about the "saving" ;) Dave is the king when it comes to that stuff- I heard the same thing about the classes @ Taste as well. Your kids are going to be steeped in tradition which is awesome. Happy Anniversary again you love birds! :)XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little jealous that Dave makes dinner... what I wouldn't give. We were a little out of commission for V-day this year- so fun to see how much fun you guys had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know there is a huge new Bruges location right by my house? I haven't even been yet, but I keep driving by it! (I've been to the downtown tiny location multiple times.) Its right by the 24 Hour Fitness in Sugarhouse. Across the street from the not-at-all-ghetto liquor store...

    Oh Dave. What a rockstar.

    I want to know about these upcoming adventures...

    ReplyDelete