This has been a whirlwind of a week for all of us! I up and decided to potty train Cole this week. It was terribly cold outside. We were going to be homebound and miserable anyway. So why not?
I feared potty training in the greatest way because, let’s face it, I wasn’t super successful with the first child. Sweet Kate has always struggled with it due to her constipation issues and such. My sweet neighbor emailed me an ebook that explains how to train in just 3 days. I was doubtful, but followed it the best I could. In short, I owe this author my life (maybe that’s a little drastic; but my sanity, at least). He was pee-pee trained in 3 days, while the poop took 5 days. And it’s him that tells me when he needs to go; I don’t even have to ask. I think that’s pretty amazing!
With potty training, I had him throw his diapers and bottles into the garbage (which I later pulled out and hid away;) Then we switched out the crib for a big boy bed. Whew!! That’s big stuff for a boy who liked being the baby, and for a mom who liked having him be the baby. The bottles were the hardest thing to say good-bye to, but he’s now gotten over it, and is happy with Big Boyhood. I, on the other hand, am struggling a bit with it all. I’m so proud of him, but want to cry every time I see that tiny person sleeping in that big bed. I can’t believe there are no more babies in this house:’(
Cole, the underwear model:
Old bedroom (shown off by the old, Baby Cole):
New, Big Boy Bedroom:
Um, ok. Can you e-mail this e-book? I really want to get Sadie trained this next week. I'm looking for something to get it done quick. My e-mail address is: natalie_sm@hotmail.com. I'd be much obliged. One week is awesome!
ReplyDeleteWow. That's amazing. Even more amazing is the fact that the bottles & crib went too. That sounds like almost more than I could handle in one week. I may also need that book. PS- it was fun to run into you the other day!
ReplyDeleteThis makes me realize that our turn is quickly approaching. Damn.
ReplyDeleteWhat a big boy. Even more...what a super mom! (That's a lot to tackle in just a short amount of time). Proud of you two! :)
ReplyDeleteyay! I'm so glad it worked so well for you! It was awesome with the twins, too!!! YAY COLE!!!
ReplyDeleteEmail me the book too! We are on day 3 and Mckay is rockin' it (probably since this is round two for this kid...) but I'd love to see what it says. Big boy beds = big moves. Way to go, mom. Let's hang out since it's 2 degrees outside. Seriously.
ReplyDeleteWe've had the same... "issues" (constipation and what have you) with another child too, so I was convinced Linc would potty train himself... and he did! Congrats on this big milestone. Such a cute little big Cole. :)
ReplyDelete