Monday, October 1, 2012

Arts and Craps

I’m not much a crafter because:

A) I don’t really enjoy it

B) It’s easier to buy something, and it usually costs less too

C) Dave regularly uses the terms “crafts” and “craps” interchangeably. I’d hate for him to call my projects “craps,” although he’s nice enough that he probably wouldn’t say that about my stuff to my face;)

But…I have made two diaper cakes over the past several months. They are the two, count them, two projects I’ve done besides kiddie crafts so thought I’d document:015 029

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The boy cake I did for my sister, Kelly, and the girl cake, for my sister-in-law, Dren.

--Here’s the tutorial I used, you know, in case you or I ever decide to get our “Crap” on again.

7 comments:

  1. Most definitely NOT crap! You did a great job! Love the bow on top of "Dren's" cake. I just scored Mc some more of those...can never go wrong with a LARGE pink bow. And, I love to craft and have never ventured to a diaper cake so I give you made props. How is the foot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! They're such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well-crafted indeed! No crap there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you're crafty inside no matter what you say! Very well done! Do you remember my diaper cake mix up for Miller's shower? Still embarrassed about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Craft for the babies to Crap in! Win Win! So very cute Aish! I remember the Diaper Cake mix up for my shower. So funny! There has never been better shower food than the food at my shower thanks to you and Ricks. Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha! Love that Dave calls them Craps! That is definitely what most of mine turn out like. You however... don't be so modest. I have seen your "craps" first hand and they are anything but! The cakes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete