Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cornbelly's

Dave's brother & sister-in-law are in Hawaii this weekend, leaving us with 6 children to parent. After last time, we discovered it's really not much of a challenge. Their oldest is nearly 15 (so we have a lot of help), and the youngest is Kate's age (giving Kate a buddy).

Striving to be the favorite aunt and uncle, we try to live it up with them while their parents are away.

Last night we took the kids to Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. Dave and I had never been, and it was awesome! I've come to realize that Thanksgiving Point does most things right. Sure, there's the crappy drive-thru Christmas lights, but all-in-all, I'm impressed by most of their stuff.

This is how they punish the unruly adults!
The little girls enjoyed the Pumpkin Princess Playland.
Kate and Cammie dressed up as princesses, jumped in the princess castle, and even took a ride in a motionless princess carriage. Hmmm...sounds riveting, right? Well, the girls certainly thought so.
They had pig races there too, and oh, my heck! Have you ever seen tiny pigs squealing and sprinting around a race track? So cute.

They called a few members of the audience up, assigned them a pig, and then let the pigs do one jaunt around the track. Whoever's pig won first place, won the coveted prize of a pig snout. Now guess who actually got called out of the audience, and who's pig actually won the race...

Yep, our little Kate got picked, and her pig, Paris Swillton won. We were so proud.

Here's Kate trying her prize on for size.

Next we tried out the corn maze: This was a first for Kate and me. They gave us a Halloween quiz, where if you could guess the right answers, it would direct you through the maze. Apparently, we don't know our Halloween trivia. No worries; the maze wasn't too difficult. The hardest part was trying to get Kate to keep up (as shown in the pic). There were just a few too many distractions with all the dirt, cornstalks, and of course, her little legs. Dave carried her most of the time so we weren't lost for hours in there.

There were so many other activities there too--hayrides, a cow train, duck racing, jumpers, slides, etc. It's totally a good value for your money, and something totally fun to do (with the family, or even for a date night). We will definitely go back every year.

After Cornbelly's we overindulged ourselves at Los Hermanos. It was the perfect ending to our night.

5 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that you can be a surrogate Aunt and Uncle to my kids??? I think you two would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I liked the drive-through Christmas lights! Those were awesome! And I got to pet a live reindeer, which I didn't even know really existed.

    I've never heard of Cornbelly's, but maybe we'll have to check it out. I do love piglets with my whole heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We need to check it out! I loved your comment on my blog about meeting my Gma! Isn't she the cutest thing? Taco Amigo is her baby and you'd better believe she is there working that window as much as possible. Next time you go look for my Gpa. He'll probably give Kate a blowpop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would so be my favorite aunt and uncle! That looks sooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I need to take my kids. Noah got a $5 coupon from school. You can't score a few more of those for me, can you? Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete