Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Oh, Goody!

032
The carnie came to town and we came to the carnie. As we perused the grounds, Dave and I both had the thought to snap pictures of all the creepy Lake People, but then what kind of people would we be? Or maybe, such an act would be just too darn dangerous!
014
Kate no longer liked the kiddie rides, but sadly, wasn’t tall enough for most of the grown-up rides. She rode the Gee Whiz twice since that was the most thrilling for someone of her size.
038Want to know Kate’s (and Dave’s) most exciting moment of the night? Winning a gold fish.
I’ll say it again, “Oh, goody…”
040
The winning toss
041
The proud new owner
052
The next morning we gave ‘Swim’ a proper home. At first, I he had no will to live. He wouldn’t actually swim and refused to eat. Alas, the old boy has come around and seems to like his new digs (that is, when Kate doesn’t taunt him by tapping the glass or putting her hand in his bowl).
055
Love these last two pics of Kate naturally pressing her nose up against the glass to get a good look. She sure likes her new pet so I guess I’m thrilled to have him. 059Another successful trip to the carnie…

3 comments:

  1. You guys are such fun folks. I haven't been to the carnie since high school. I guess I should take my kids one of these years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First official private post! Woot woot.

    What carnie came to town?

    Congrats on the new pet. Goldfish have a shelf life of, what? Three days? Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and Mc bought fish. We have a filtered tank but it STILL needs to be cleaned. I won't touch it. Too nasty. Sounds like a fun time :) May your fish have a long and fruitful life ;)

    ReplyDelete