Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Break From Spring

As a child, I have very vivid, lovely memories of the Spring season: birds chirping, sunshine, budding blossoms, lilac aromas, etc. As an adult, I realize I was either way off on those memories, or that Spring now ceases to exist. 

Either way, while Spring was enjoying its time off this week (it was “Spring Break,” after all) we got out and enjoyed ourselves too.
026
*Kate and Cole’s cousin, Baby Sasha, came over to play. After his work, Uncle Dave brought home cookies for the kids to decorate; such a darling husband of mine.009The frosting to sprinkles ratio was just as it should be:029
*Cole charmed us (or maybe just me) all week with his stunning looks and charming personality. He's mastered the art of rolling over and is still working on eating mush without his tongue pushing it out.001
I’m seriously in love with this boy.023
*On Thursday we took a family outing to a MoTab rehearsal. Dave’s parents volunteer up there for all the Conference Center and Tabernacle events. 

As we listened, I told Kate that you have to have a really great singing voice to sing with this choir.  Kate replied, “I do!!! I want to sing with them!” I told her maybe someday she could.
050Sadly, Dave’s mom was positioned in a spot where she couldn’t visit or get a pic with us.

I hate to fess up to this, but Kate used her first swear word this night.  Parking was a fiasco.  We tried out the new CityCreek Parking Garage.  With a stroller, the only elevator that led to the street was through Deseret Book (which closed earlier, and therefore, the elevator, too, was closed).  We walked around for like 10 minutes trying to exit with no success.  Finally, we got back in the car and decided to park elsewhere.  From the back seat Kate complained, “What the hell is wrong with this place!” I was stunned (but can’t say I wasn’t thinking the same thing). Alas, we had a discussion about not using swear words, but I guess “Mother of the Year” is out for me. 038
Upon leaving, Kate was fighting her tears and said, “I’m sorry I’m sad.  I just don’t want to leave.” She loved the music and seeing “where President Monson works.”051
It was a really fun night.  The choir always sounds so completely different and amazing in person.  We want to go back when it’s warm outside.
056
The kids were pooped when we got home.  Any outings past 8:00pm tends to be tough on them.
059
*The kids and I also got to hit up Kangaroo Zoo and Hogle Zoo too.  And might I say…that Hogle Zoo is a wreck!  They’ve got major construction going on...like everywhere else in Utah.
064
067
*The very talented, Dave, took a glass-blowing class.  It was his first class, but he made some serious masterpieces.
These first three are paper weights:glass blowing 004glass blowing 009glass blowing 005
My favorite, the vase:
glass blowing 006
And a red plate/bowl shaped kind of like a poppy:
glass blowing 008
*And the last (and potentially best) part of Spring Break---035
sleeping in.
This is a typical morning scene where Kate mugs on Cole, and Cole (scared) anxiously reaches for me to rescue him.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of your help yesterday. Looks like you guys have had a nice spring break. That's pretty funny that Kate swore. -You still deserve the best mom of the year award. See you later. -Kel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Kate makes up for the potty mouth by not wanting to leave "where Presdient Monson works." She's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, Cole is so cute! Love him.

    And I'm very impressed with Dave's glass blowing. Somehow "vase" just doesn't look as cool written as the "vahhhhs" we were discussing. When you say it the snooty way, is it still spelled vase?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my funny. Come hang out with us. You make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love love love your little Kate! She is such an adorable little girl, even with her potty mouth! :) Do you think she'd be interested in a younger man? I have a feeling if we got her and Jax together they would make a dynamic duo! :)

    ReplyDelete