Unbeknownst to me, it’s a very popular thing to pick a theme word to live by for the New Year. I’ve thought long and hard as to what my theme word could be. Ultimately, I’ve decided on not a single one. I think I don’t want to base my whole year around one theme; although “sanity” did appeal to me. No one wants to be crazy, after all.
Speaking of the New Year, a lot has been going on. I’ve got a lot of projects I’m occupied with and lately, it seems like there just aren’t enough hours in the day to accomplish everything. If I know me (and I do) I probably won’t complete a one of them this year. It’s fun trying though.
One project that Dave and I (and the rest of America) have signed up for is getting our fitness on. I aim for at least 20 minutes a day, but with Baby Cole, Preschool, dance, playdates, and life, sometimes I can only fit in 15. I say, it’s better than nothing.And because I’m used to 3rd grade mentality we’ve even got reward charts. Dave just marks an X on his, but I get a smiley face and a motivational phrase on mine. As you can see, sometimes Dave beats me to the task.
***
New Years was originally going to be low-key with our little family. But when Dren and Ryan couldn’t find sitters for their usual event, they celebrated with us instead. How lovely that their misfortune played in our favor. Dave made chocolate and cheese fondue and bought up confetti bombs, horns, and hats. That guy really knows how to party.
The hosts with the most. Ah, cute:
Ringing in 2011:
New Years Day was spent tournamenting at Annette’s. We broke the usual ping pong, air hockey, and Wii bowling tradition to do the whole “Minute to Win It” thing.
And, yes. I successfully color-sorted an entire bag of M&M’s (using only one hand, mind you) in less than a minute.
Kate and her little cousins played dress-ups for most of the event. And Coley Bear did a lot of this and not much else:
And that’s how our New Year is rolling…just a whole lot of good, “sane” fun.
It looks like your new year is off to a great start! How has it been being home with the kiddos? They are growing up so fast!
ReplyDeleteAlso-I'm not one to set New Year Resolutions; which means blogging is not one of them. :) However, some things I just don't want to forget. Thus, the blog.
You Blackhursts are always having a good time! "No one wants to be crazy afterall"-- you crack me up! Good luck with all of your projects for the year!
ReplyDeleteThat calendar is awesome. I admire your fitness goals. Me and Matt watched Biggest Loser while eating ice cream last week...
ReplyDeleteYour new year's sounded way more exciting than ours. You guys always do fun stuff! I love it.
I'm with you...one word for the year? How does one pick? It's like picking a tattoo. How do you ever decide. Usually events of the year seem to pick a word for me. So far couch, sleep, and chocolate are all competitors. But I do have a workout goal this year too, and your calendar is inspiring! I think I'll do the same if you don't mind a copycat. Only on mine I'm putting down all the things Jillian Michaels yells at me while I do her videos.
ReplyDeleteSanity is definitely a good theme word to live by, although I'm not sure I have a choice in the matter. Your calendar is awesome.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to say that I am jumping on the "word" wagon this year - good for you for holding your ground.
ReplyDeleteI love that you are such celebrators. I need to take a few pages from your book.
I am with Ricks...I can't pick just one word. I have a few (edited for blog purposes) that come to mind as I think about the prospect of two kids, working, breaking in a nanny....all the above. Just glad for the 3 months I get off work. That is going to be party time this summer!! :)
ReplyDelete