Our latest and favorite words uttered from our child's mouth:
1. Dave and I transformed Kate's playroom into the baby's nursery. Dave removed some of Kate's fingerpainted masterpieces from the wall and to that Kate calmly asked, "Are you TRYING to make me cry?"
2. I am combing Kate's hair while she unsuccessfully tries to tear the floss from its unwieldy dispensor. Kate's pipes, "Um, Mom, this is a little awkward."
3. Yesterday Kate and I are rounding the corner to go downstairs to make breakfast. Out of nowhere, Kate rumbles, "RRRRrrrggghhh....Mom, sometimes you drive me crazy!" Totally stunned, I ask her why. Rolling her eyes she says, "You just do."
4. Probably a month ago Kate's turning her back side to me, grunting, and desperately trying to push her bum out. I ask her what she's doing. "I'm trying to get a big bum so I can be a mommy like you." I'll go ahead and not be offended by that. And for the record, my bum is not that big.
5. AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE...
Making a late-night drive home one night, Dave and I are conversing in the front seat, while our little bean constantly shooshes Dave from the back seat. Finally, Kate petitions me with, "Mom, I'm trying to get Dad to shut his mouth." I laugh, "Why do you want him to shut his mouth?" Kate explains, "I want him to shut his mouth so the vomit won't come out." Yes. She really did say that.
6. And, last, an almost daily conversation occurs before and after mom has makeup on her face. Before the makeup, Kate likes to inform me, "I don't like that face." After the makeup, she examines me carefully, gets so excited and says, "I LIKE YOUR FACE!!!" She's just so complimentary.
These crack me up! She's hilarious.
ReplyDeleteThose are so funny. Love her.
ReplyDelete