Kate received a surprise package in the mail containing her new swim suit. Dave and I saw it at Janie and Jack screaming out Kate's name. I just about threw a fit over how stinkin' cute it was! There were none in her size, but we ordered it for her online, and mmm...
she looks so squeezy in it...especially in her little swim cap.
She wore this for HOURS the other night, refusing to take it off. Who can blame her? She looked fabulous.
Thursday morning came an unexpected and unhappy suprise--Kate woke up sick. Grandma Sherrie stepped in to play the part of mom and took Kate to the doc for me. In spite of being down and out, Kate still impressed. When the doctor came in, Kate pulled out her grown-up communication skills and explained, "I have an ow-ee in my neck and I need a band-aid." The doctor checked her and confirmed that she did have a sore throat, although no band-aid was given for relief. Kate also let the doctor know, "I need some medicine." After a few more checks of her ears and breathing, the doctor wrote her out a scrip. I was very proud to hear that Kate could take care of things on her own...
Most of the weekend was spent at home trying to get Kate better. Last night, however, we did go to a surprise party for Reese's 72nd birthday (Dave's dad). It was an event for the just the adults of Dave's family, and everyone brought appetizers to share. We played a little Reese-themed game, visited and laughed, and watched a short video of Reese's life. It was a very light-hearted and fun night.
A few other side notes...
Potty training is on hiatus for now...at least for Kate. I decided I couldn't give it my all until summer rolls around. Ken (Kate's doll), however, seems to have the whole thing down. It just so happens that Dave came into the toyroom the other day, and walked in on Ken doing this...
Surprise! Ken's potty training, too, and we didn't even know it. It appears he's had another little person teaching and coaching him through.
Also, take a little glimpse of Dave's newest love affair...
his pot rack. It's nicely nestled in our pantry and looks pretty snazzy, right?
Very snazzy! I saw this online too and thought that it was downright adorable, and Kate makes it even cuter! Too bad we discovered this weekend that Sabrina and Lucy can both fit into their swimsuits from last year. (Grow, darn it, grow!!) I love the pot rack.
ReplyDeleteIs there a Janie and Jack in Utah? If so, where is it? I LOVE their clothes, although I don't love the prices.
ReplyDeleteThat swim hat is the best! It really takes the cuteness quotient up a notch.
ReplyDeleteThat shot of Ken on the toilet is hilarious. Its about time he got potty trained!
The pot rack is nice, but I'm even more impressed with your shiny pots!! Ours are all stained with the non-stick surface coming off, etc. Yours look brand new and very professional.
Okay Ken is cracking me up. I mean honestly. I could eat up your daughter....darling swimsuit. I wouldn't know about any of those things with boys :( I have always wanted a pot rack...you just have to have really awesome pots which I DO NOT. Mine are worn OUT!
ReplyDeleteHere swimming suit IS so cute!! Good pick!! She looks so stinking cute in it!!
ReplyDeleteThat swimming suit is THE MOST ADORABLE thing that I have ever seen and Kate is the perfect model for it! I love the cap too! I envy your husbands love for cooking and organizing too. The pot rack is awesome!
ReplyDeleteVery cute swimsuit. When you try potty training again, try letting her pick out panties that are cool to her and then tell her that they will feel bad if she goes potty on them. I did this with Sophie and she was trained in a weekend. I really enjoy your blog:)
ReplyDelete