Thursday, March 19, 2009

Updates

Our latest agenda(s):

Item No. 1: Kate got her first black eye last week. Way to go negligent parents! No...actually, Dave and I have been regular naggers in telling her to sit down on chairs, rather than stand. Does she listen? No. Does she now have a big shiner? Yes.
Since the event, Dave and I have been trying to ignore all the weird looks we get when we go out in public. As for Kate, she's still standing on chairs on a regular basis. Lesson learned? I don't think so.

Item No. 2: I've had big dreams of putting on my fitness lately. Have my dreams become a reality? Nope...still waiting for that. Anyone willing to wake up at 5:00a.m. for a workout with yours truly?

Item No. 3: Lately I'm just scouting, scouting, scouting! Trying to remain optimistic about the job, strangely, makes me feel pessimistic.

Item No. 4: On Saturday (at the request of President George W. Bush and his stinky "No Child Left Behind" Legislation), I had to take the Praxis Exam at BYU. It's a nasty test; one that I'd rather cut off my right arm before taking again.
Why did I have to take it? Good question. After attaining my teaching certificate and teaching a couple of years, the Pres. thought up a plan. Hmm...teachers should have to take a test to prove their competency! Genius idea...but do you think he could have grandfathered in all those who already HAD their certification and were ALREADY teaching? It was just a tad inconvenient to get back in student mode and have to study for and take a test when I've been teaching 5 years now! Let's just hope I pass...or you will not hear the end of this conversation!

Item No. 5: Dave's been working hard at creating beautiful smiles on the mouths of many Utah County residents. After work, he's been doing yard work, and growing an herb garden for our little family. He's also recovering from taking on extra responsibilities from when his wife was hitting the books! Good work, sweetie!

Item No. 6: A few weeks ago, Kate made her first trip to Chuck E. Jesus (that's Kate's code for Chuck E. Cheese's). To make things even more fun, Kate's favorite buddies, Hayden and Parker, met us there! Aside from the germs and icky pizza, I'd say we had a splendid time!

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like things have been busy there!

    Item 1---I remember that awful feeling. There was a time when I picked the kids up from their other home and Taylor was covered in 2nd and 3rd degree sunburns and MaKaylee had a big black eye and a bunch of other bruises and scratches in plain site. Neither kid had their hair done or even washed faces and they were in the most beat up clothing they owned. Of course it was a time when I needed to get milk on the way home because we didn't have any at home and I knew it would be the first request upon entering the house. That day at the check out was my most embarrassing moment ever because everyone was looking at me and a few brave souls even confronted me on the treatment of my kids. I can totally empathize with this item on your agenda.

    Item 2---It's definitely the scheduling in that always proves to be the problem isn't it?

    Item 3---No comment.

    Item 4---EEK!!! I am sure you did great. It doesn't sound like fun to me either.

    Item 5---What a great hubby you have! Sounds like the two of you need a little fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Death to the Praxis! I seriously wondered if I would loose my right arm after taking that blasted thing! I would like to see good 'ol Pres Bush sit down and take a President compancy test! We all know that it is the best way to assess someone's talent! BLAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be kind when talking about the Praxis. I have the fabulous opportunity to take another state test since Arizona's just wasn't good enough. Yuck! As for the fitness issue, does it really need to be 5:00? I might be game if it's a bit later. (After we move of course).

    ReplyDelete
  4. K...I don't think that I will be taking the Praxis until absolutely necessary. Also, herb garden? I'd like to know what he's growing. And I don't think Kate's eye was that terrible. It's the age for constant shiners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ash,
    I'm sorry that you had to take that test. -I bet that you did great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least she only fell off of a chair. Sophie is constantly found to be on top of the counters when I come back from being in the other room. She feels like she should figure out how to climb anything that is higher than her head. I am just waiting for the adventure that will occur when a tumble occurs. Good luck with the herb garden.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am having so much fun reading everyone's blogs that I don't think I will ever have time to blog on my own. Besides, my life is dull compared to my cute nieces' blogs. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences--it helps me to get to know you better. I can't help thinking that Heavenly Father can't help loving all of his cute children as they go through life's experiences like you are. He has had the advantage of always knowing what is going on in all of our lives and as I read everyone's blogs I think I am getting a taste of what He experiences. I just keep giggling and laughing at everyone's comments on life's experiences. I love you. Keep on, keep on!!! Love, Aunt Lori

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun that I already knew some of this stuff from seeing you this week! That doesn't usually happen. Also, me and Matt were just laughing SO HARD at what Kate calls Chuck E Cheese's. Best kid comment ever.

    ReplyDelete