Anyone who knows me really well...knows that I have a complicated relationship with the aforementioned vacation spot. I love the feeling of walking through the gates of Happiest Place on Earth, eating the frozen Mickey ears, and racing from one ride to the next. But, at the same time, I always hate that I let myself go back and do the very same vacation as the previous year.During dental school we got to visit Mickey and the gang nearly every weekend. Ashley (after dental school): "I don't need to go back for a really long time." Ashley (a few months later): "Yea! I'm at Disneyland....shoot, what have I done?!"
On Sunday, as we were visiting with my fam, the topic of a Disney vacation came up. One part of me yearned to go back, but the other part of me, meanwhile, is screaming and yelling to go to some new, adventurous, exotic place. I feel like Jan Brady trying to sort out her inner, conflicting voices.
The problem is...what other vacation is as affordable and fun (I'll admit it) as Disneyland? Any suggestions? While you're thinking...here is a picture of Baby Kate showing how much, she too, loves the place!
Ashley...don't you know that it's an entire family addiction? Our parents got hooked with Great Grandma and Grandpa and thus passed it on to us too. When you go with your parents is there the whole "We have to ride the white horses for Grandma Ruby." thing going on too? Anyways, I am glad that I found your blog...I feel like I have some extended family with the help of computers!
ReplyDeleteIf you are going to make me choose based on that picture of Kate, then go to freaking Disneyland! :) That is so cute! We aren't nearly as big of fans as you guys....how about a cruise? We will for sure need a babymoon next year...let's plan one to Hawaii. Think 7 days, all the islands and MUCH MUCH time of Mark just in swim trunks! :) Miss you guys!
ReplyDeleteWe are totally the same way. We go at least once every year, this past year 3 times. Yikes! I still get emotional walking through the pearly gates, my husband thinks it hilarious. What is it about that dang mouse?
ReplyDeleteIn the words of Jan Brady, "Yes, I'm in the middle!" You are hilarious, Kate is adorable and it's perfectly normal to love Disneyland! I know I do! But it is definately time to branch out. I agree with the cruise idea. You can find them for a pretty reasonable rate and everything is included. Cruises are great!
ReplyDeleteOOH,OOH. If you plan a cruise, count us in! We've all done Disney, right? I'll start saving my pennies now. Sounds like just the ticket in this no good weather.
ReplyDeleteNo, Ashley, no! Don't scratch that itch! Don't give in! I'm sure there must be SOMETHING else out there that you could do. Branch out! Lagoon? A Six Flags or Magic Mountain? Disney WORLD? Taking a Disney cruise?
ReplyDelete