Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Things Done!

"Kate's finally pulling her weight around here," Dave said when viewing this picture. Earlier this week, the whole family went out and pushed snow around. It was all good and fun. Then Kate slipped and decided she had better ways to spend her time, like watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, for example.


***In other news, we traveled back in time last night and hung out at Classic Skating. I know what you're thinking...does that place still exist? Oh, yes. It was Fox Hollow Elementary's family skate night. I thought, "What a great P.R. opportunity! Now I can show my principal and parents what a great teacher I am. Plus I could show off my slick skating moves." No wait, I don't think like that.


So we went. We got some stinky skates and skated the night away. All was going great (truly a CLASSIC evening) until Careless Kenny came along and torpedoed Dave and Kate. The night came to an abrupt ending; however, the nostalgic memories of birthdays and other yesteryear events at Classic are still running through my mind today:)

7 comments:

  1. oh yes, many a snowball skating memory! Kate is getting so big! We miss you guys tons! Just glad you have a blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Classic! That was the happening place when we were little. -Looks like you guys had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ashley, this is Shanda. I found your blog on Cami's while blogstalking! Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you never thought about skating there with your daughter one day. Crazy. Thanks for the Classic flashbacks.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to love Family Skate Night. I'm glad to see that the skates still have the "classic" bright orange wheels as well.
    Hope to see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh Classic. The warm sweaty skate rentals, hoping someone would ask you to skate with them to Journey or Chicago and the dude who could skate backwards while sidewinding (I bet he's still there).

    Glad to see it's a family establishment again. Maybe I should have my 30th b-day there. Interested? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an awesome teacher. I, being the loser PTA parent that I am, didn't even bother taking my family. If you're still teaching at Fox Hollow next year, I'm working my magic to get Andrew in your class. :0)

    ReplyDelete